56th Annual Jimmie Guthrie Memorial Run
18th June 2017
1897-1937 80th Anniversary
2017_entry_form.pdf Jimmy Steel 01835 830422
Jimmy Steel, Douglas Cottage, Main St, Ancrum, Jedburgh. TD8 6XH. Telephone 01835 830422
- This event will be organised by the Hawick & Border Motorcycle club and will be open to all drivers of Verteran & Vintage Cars, Motorcycles and Three-wheelers, manufactured before 31 December 1990.
- The start and finish will be on The Green in Denholm, which is on the A698 approximately half way between Hawick and Jedburgh.
- Drivers will assemble at Denholm not later than 12.30pm. First entrant will leave at 1pm and the remainder will leave at 1 minute intervals.
- There will be a compulsory halt of ten minutes at stipulated checkpoints.
- The route over good class roads is approximately 40 miles in length.
- All entries to be made on the official form and forwarded to Jimmie Steel, not later than Saturday 10th June 2017 accompanied by the entry fee of £5.00. Every competitor starting the course will receive a Commemorative Plaque. (Limited to the first 120 entries).
- There will also be an Autojumble and Car Boot Sale, where those taking part will pay £5.00 on arrival.
- Local services: The Fox & Hounds Inn will be open for bar snacks; The Auld Bakery will be open till 12.30pm for papers, rolls, etc. The Moo-Van Burger stall will be on the Green.
- Please note: The Cafe and filling station at Byrness is closed. Petrol, oil, etc. is available at T.B.Oliver's Garage in Denholm.